Yes, there are several prominent plans for Medicare reform.
• The Rivlin-Ryan Plan, also known as the Rivlin-Domenici plan, was adapted from the Bipartisan Policy Center’s Debt Reduction Task Force, chaired by Alice Rivlin, Ph.D., former budget director in the Clinton administration, and former U.S. Sen. Pete Domenici (R-N.M.). The task force report, entitled, “Restoring America’s Future,” was released Nov. 17, 2010.
• The administration’s National Commission on Fiscal Responsibility and Reform, chaired by Erskine Bowles and former Sen. Alan Simpson (R-Wyo.), based on the report, “The Moment of Truth,” released on Dec. 1, 2010.
• The Senate “Gang of Six” proposal, as put forward by Sens. Saxby Chambliss (R-Ga.), Tom Coburn (R-Okla); Kent Conrad (D-N.D.); Mike Crapo (R-Idaho); Dick Durbin (D-Ill.); and Mark Warner (D-Va.), in “A Bipartisan Plan to Reduce Our Nation’s Deficits – Executive Summary,” released July 19, 2011.
• The President’s Plan for Economic Growth and Deficit Reduction, released by the Office of Management and Budget on Sept. 19, 2011.
• The House Budget Committee’s Fiscal Year 2012 Budget Resolution, titled, “The Path to Prosperity: Restoring America’s Promise,” by House Budget Committee Chairman Paul Ryan (R-Wis.), passed the House of Representatives on April 15, 2011.
• The Budget Control Act of August 2011, Public Law 112-25, enacted Aug. 2, 2011.
• U.S. Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) and U.S. Sen. Ron Wyden’s (D-Ore.) released a bipartisan Medicare reform proposal on Dec. 14, 2011.
How Would the Rivlin-Domenici Plan Reduce Federal Health Care Spending?
How Would the Rivlin-Domenici Plan Contain Rising Health Care Costs?
What Does U.S. Rep. Paul Ryan’s (R-Wis.) Propose for Medicare Reform in the House Budget Committee’s Fiscal Year 2012 Budget, “The Path to Prosperity?”
What Are the Key Components of U.S. Sen. Ron Wyden’s (D-Ore.) and U.S. Rep. Paul Ryan’s (R-Wis.) Medicare Reform Plan?
How Does the Burr-Coburn Plan Propose to Reform Medicare?
What Has Been the Evolution of House Budget Committee Chairman Paul Ryan’s Medicare Reform Plans?
How Would U.S. Rep. Paul Ryan’s (R-Wis.) Reform Proposals Impact Medicare Beneficiaries?
What Is President Barack Obama's Position on Medicare Reform?